Updated: December 21, 2012
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) – and we may use PII and non-PII to create a third type of information, aggregate information. PII consists of any information that can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of any information that does not reveal your identity. We collect the following categories of information:
Subscription information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, state of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
Information you may choose to share such as your phone number, Grade Point Average, graduation class, mailing address, high school, SAT and/or ACT scores, your height and/or weight, profile pictures, basketball statistics and club/travel team information. You may also provide links to your Facebook page, Twitter account, YouTube videos and other third party sites.
Purchase information, including your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications. Any information that is disclosed in a public forum becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any PII.
Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
Occasionally we will receive data from our advertisers and other third parties that will help us make the Transition Hoops Report website better.
How We Collect Your Information
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
Use of Your Information by Mountain West Hoops Report, LLC
member of Transition Hoops Report will be the data controller for your information. Other members of Transition Hoops Report may have access to your information when they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you
- information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Sharing Your Information with Others
We will not share your personal information outside of Transition Hoops Report except in limited circumstances, including:
You may direct us to share your PII with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services, and with other third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information you supply to us with third party providers descried here, or as the result of such providers on the Transition Hoops Report website.
We may share your non-PII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your PII, sometimes in conjunction with your non-PII, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced customer care agents may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share PII (such as e-mail or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your e-mail preferences at any time here
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend Transition Hoops Report’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may choose whether we share your PII with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.
- You may request access to the PII we hold about you and that we amend or delete it. You may also request that we ask third parties with whom we have shared the PII to do the same.
- You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your PII, by visiting your account page or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect PII from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact customer service.
Children's Privacy -
We do not target our sites or services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database. When we intend to collect personal information, we take additional steps to ensure that children under the age of 13 are not able to become subscribers, including requiring subscribers to enter their date of birth.
Data Security and Integrity
- The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect user information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Data Transfers, Storage and Processing
Comments and Questions
. Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any other websites that may provide access to, or be linked to or from, this site, including that of any social networking sites and third party advertisers whose offerings require you to navigate away from our site.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of our website, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.